I personally have many a “to do list” which itemises the multitude of tasks I need to deal with on a daily basis. It is a simple and satisfying way of ticking off those tasks be it the shopping list or the to do list in work!
I also think we all need to, every now and again, revisit our “Peace Of Mind Checklist”, which would go something like this:
- If I lose my job, do I have arrangements in place to replace my income?
- If my partner or I are diagnosed with a specified illness or die, have we arrangements in place to safeguard our families future?
- Should I die, will my mortgage on my family home be paid off for my family?
- I have young children, are they financially protected in the event of my death?
- I have young children, am I saving for their education?
- I will be 68 before I receive the State Pension, am I saving towards my retirement fund?
If there are any one of the above items, that you have not yet ticked, but it is always at the back of your mind, now is the time to do it. No more putting such matters on the long finger, they are too important to ignore. When something happens, it is too late.
Make 2017 the year you have total peace of mind!
This is an opinion only and does not constitute advice as individual circumstances will determine all financial advise given.